Sunday, March 28, 2010

ANSWER: People

Theodore (Ted) Kaczynski


Dr. Theodore John Kaczynski, also known as the Unabomber (University and Airline Bomber), is an American mathematician and social critic, who carried out a campaign of deadly mail bombings.

The Unabomber was the target of one of the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) most costly investigations. Before Kaczynski's identity was known, the FBI used the handle "UNABOM" ("UNiversity and Airline BOMber") to refer to his case, which resulted in the media calling him the Unabomber. Despite the FBI's efforts, he was not caught as a result of this investigation. Instead, his brother recognized Ted's style of writing and beliefs from the manifesto, and tipped off the FBI. To avoid the death penalty, Kaczynski's lawyers entered a plea agreement, under which he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole.

Matt: CORRECT
Record: 223-177

1 comment:

Claudia said...

Hi Matt,

I am a freshman at the University of Richmond and I am creating a digital story for my First Year Seminar, which I am required to take. If you are interested in the topic for my First Year Seminar, please feel free to read my blog, which basically follows my journey throughout "Cyberspace" (the title of my seminar).
My topic for my digital story is Ted Kaczynski, which brought me to your post. I was hoping that you would be able to tell me where you found this picture so that I would be able to properly cite it in my digital story.

Thanks so much!